Thursday, March 17, 2011

Irish Traditions

My dad LOVES Corned Beef and Cabbage.  Me?  Not so much.   Growing up we had it every St. Patrick's Day.   But we always got the fatty version that gets boiled for an hour and is probably one of the worst things you will ever put into your mouth. 

I guess the Irish part of me was determined to make decent traditional Irish dinner. 


It actually was delicious. 
But isn't anything that's been in a brine and stewed for 6 hours?

I also made...


Soda Bread.


An Irish Salad.
Yes, those are beets.


And this Irish Cream Cake.
It was amazing.

It actually turned out to be a good meal.  Minus the beets... I still have "that" taste in my mouth.  Blair and Blaise actually ate some of it, so I must have done a decent job.  At least I impressed my dad, but it really doesn't take much.  His idea of culinary perfection is Pickled Herring (um, yuck)!


Kiss the cook.

After desert all of my favorite boys joined a band.


Rockband that is.

B and my dad make a pretty good two man drumming team don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment