Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I really miss...

...Montana.
Specifically Bozeman, Montana.

I miss always being able to see the mountains wherever you are.  I miss downtown. I miss the quaint bistros and coffee shops.  I miss being able to take my dog anywhere.  I miss fresh air.  I miss active people.

There really is nowhere else quite like it.

You know what else I miss?

The Ballantyne family.

Its not like we don't ever get to visit.  We do.  I just feel like its not enough.  We usually make it there for holidays and want to spend as much time with family as possible because we don't get to see them as often as we would like.

  Which means we don't get to spend that much time exploring Montana. 

Blair's family taught me what it means to have a really close family and its hard to be so far away from them.  Its especially hard on Blaise because he really misses his "Mary Grandma".

Love.

I'm planning a trip in June.  Spring in Montana is heaven.  If you've never been, I strongly suggest it.  Its been a few years since I've seen a Montana spring.

 When Blair and I started dating we used to hike to Palisade Falls after work. It was only 1 mile away from the house I was renting at the time.  I think its time we revisit it.

Beauty.

Moving to Montana was one of the best decisions that I have ever made.  It changed who I am as a person.  I met the love of my life there.  My son was born there.  I really miss it!

2 comments:

  1. We really miss it as well..So much so that we are heading back as soon as possible! We would love to have you there with us. ;) I love reading your blogs. I never got the chance to get to know very much about you, and reading your posts gives me a little insight into who you are. You are a pretty neat person, Katy...Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MISS YOU GUYS MORE! I was thinking it would also be fun to get out to MN and hit up a Twins game!

    ReplyDelete