Sunday, February 20, 2011

Is It Spring Yet?

Here it is Sunday evening and we are confined to the house because of a snow storm... again!  Why does spring have to be such a dirty tease?  I was really enjoying 40 degree sunny days last week!  I was just starting to think Minnesota winters weren't too bad.  I should have known!

I made my Sunday trip to the grocery store.  The drive wasn't bad... if you don't mind freezing cold wind and drifts!  Does anyone else find it odd that when there is an impending snow storm a large amount of people find it necessary to get to the grocery store to stock up on a months worth of canned food "just in case" they wont be able to get out again?  This is Minnesota.  NOT Antarctica.  My question is:  Do they seriously think that they will actually have to rely on the 25 cans of creamed corn they just purchased?

I'm getting cynical.  My Minnesota nice must be wearing off...  My trip to visit my sister in Texas can't come soon enough!

This weekend we decided we weren't going to do much of anything.  Friday night I made Blair and Blaise a big steak dinner complete with  white chocolate mousse for desert!  Then we decided to stay in and watch some movies.  Which always results in me watching the movie by myself when Blair and Blaise fall asleep (I swear, its a special occasion when they make it half way through).

Saturday started out early for me.  Blaise, Marley, and Petey were wrestling in the living room by 6:45 A.M..  Lucky for Blair I'm used to getting up this early anyway, so he gets to sleep in.  We decided we had a few things to go to St. Cloud for and I was dying to see "I am number four" (a book which I highly recommend reading).  The movie was also very good!  Blair actually made it through the whole thing and was even on the edge of his seat at times (if you ask him he'll deny it, but I promise it happened.)

Besides my adventurous trip to the grocery store today we didn't do much besides watch the snow drifts accumulate in the yard.  Such a beautiful sight!  We did go over to my dad's house for dinner.  Since Blair and him have been catching fish all week they decided we needed to consume some too.  Fine by me.  I love fish.  Especially when my dad makes it!

All this fishing has sparked a desire to learn how to fillet my own fish.  My dad passed one of his fillet knifes on to me today with plans to come over Tuesday night to teach me to use it.  Blair has a pale full of crappies outside that I don't think will make it that long.  I might be watching some YouTube tutorials tonight.  I'm hoping I can dazzle my dad with some amazing skills.  He already told me he doesn't think I have it in me yet...  I guess I'll have to step up to the challenge and prove him wrong!

Hope your all enjoying your winter confinement as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment