Friday, February 4, 2011

The weekend is upon us...

Ok, so, Blair built this amazing fish house last winter and we finally got a trailer for it this year.  Last Sunday it took its maiden voyage out to Lake Richardson and "we" actually caught a few.  When I say "we" I'm talking about Blair, my dad, and even Blaise.  I guess I was down on my luck that day...  Good thing I brought a book!

I dont say this often enough but Blair is extraordinarily talented!  When he builds something he pays very close attention to detail.  I have this beautiful bookshelf that he built me and its probably one of the first things anyone comments on when they come into our home.  Dont even get me started on his birdhouses...  I'm so proud of ALL of his accomplishments!  I have friends that beg Blair to build them things! He didn't slip when it came to the fish house either.  He even built a custom bench and cabinets.  At least we are fishing in style!

So, can you guess what we are doing tonight??  FISHING!!
I'm grabbing a pizza after work and heading out to the lake to spend some quality time with my boys!  I'm pretty sure this is how friday nights are supposed to be spent during winter in Minnesota.

I have some exciting news...

Our family might be expanding!  Blair actually called a breeder to set up an appointment to look at a puppy on saturday. Its a French Bulldog and its EXTREMLY cute!  Blaise spent most of last night looking at pictures of it and trying to think of a name.  He's pretty stuck on Marley.  He even says its going to be his dog and he is going to feed it, let it out to go potty and its going to sleep with him in his bed.  We'll see about that!  I'm not really sure how I feel about this yet.   I mean, of coarse I want a puppy (this is me we are talking about).  But the stress of training a puppy sounds a little daunting to me.  I know exactly who would be caring for a new animal... ME!  I guess we'll see what happens when we go to "just look" after I get my taxes done on saturday morning.

My favorite Sunday of the year is here!  Thats right, SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!!!  I'm kind of disappointed in the teams playing this year.  As a true Vikings fan I could NEVER cheer for the Packers!  So, Go Steelers!?!?!  I think we'll end up going out to the fish house early in the morning.  We are hoping to include the fish we catch this weekend in our Superbowl food spread.  Pretty sure I'll be cooking and baking the rest of the day away until game time.  Blair is hoping to get Blaise out on his snowmobile. I just love watching B tear it up!

It all sounds perfect to me!

We hope you all have a fun but safe weekend!  Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment