Monday, February 14, 2011

A Pretty Good Week...

I'd say we had a "pretty good week" in the Brandl/Ballantyne house.  It started out slow (but don't they all?).  Blaise and I spent a few nights together couching it, watching movies, and eating cereal for dinner while Blair was out ice fishing.  Then, Wednesday came and brought us this:
Isn't he a little peanut?!?!

Yep, we are loving life with Marley (or Mars or Mar-Mar as Blaise likes to call him).  He is such a good little puppy.  He usually lets us know as soon as he has to go potty so we have barely had any accidents!  Blaise is totally obsessed.  Maybe a little too obsessed?  But he has been helping out with him, so I'm hoping that sticks.  Petey has been a little jealous, but I have been making sure to give him some extra attention (and treats) so he is slowly warming up.  Marley already loves Pete and will find the courage to try to do anything that he does.  Good thing Pete is a lazy English Bulldog or else I would be in double trouble!  Ellie is coming around too (she is finally starting to come upstairs!).

We did more last week then just obsess over our new puppy though...

Saturday night we headed out to Dunn's Lake for "Shake the Lake".  Its a fishing competition that one of my dad's friends organizes on the lake that I grew up on.  Guess who came with?
Yep, Marley!

My dad convinced Blair to enter the ice auger races.  It was hilarious to watch!  My dad would have won by a landslide but he forgot to shut his auger off after he drilled his holes (it was pretty awesome to watch my 60 year old dad school all the twenty-somethings).  Blair actually did end up getting 2nd place by default.  Next year he says he's getting a better auger to work with and he is going to dominate!  He also caught the second biggest crappie (it was a night of mediocre winnings for Blair).  I think we caught more of a buzz then any fish, but that's how it goes sometimes.



On Sunday Blair finally got to hit the Minnesota trails on his snowmobile with his friends.  Blaise and I spent that time baking sugar cookies for his Valentine's Day party at daycare.  But when dad got home he took B out for some fun.


Before....


...After

Yeah, we had a "pretty good week"!

Oh, and by the way, Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment